A Mindful Way to Healthy Sleep
A six-week online course that will teach you proven, life-long skills to help you sleep better and overcome insomnia.
Why should I take this course?
If you're frustrated with not sleeping well, and know that short-term, quick-fix remedies don't work; and you’re looking for a drug-free solution to your insomnia that will have lasting results; then, this course is for you.
A Mindful Way to Healthy Sleep is based on proven techniques, developed from over 35 years of clinical research. It will address the underlying causes of your sleep problems and will teach you skills that not only improve your sleep, but also help you feel more energised each day.
What will I learn?
- What is causing your insomnia
- How to avoid activities that interfere with sleep
- How to set up your optimal sleep schedule
- How to quieten and calm the mind
- How to break old habits that interfere with sleep
- How to change unhelpful thinking about sleep
- How to relax the body
- How to improve your daytime energy
- How to cope better with daytime stress and fatigue
- How to prevent chronic insomnia reoccurring
Benefits of the course
A Mindful Way to Healthy Sleep is based on the proven approaches of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBTi) and Mindfulness-based Therapy for Insomnia (MBTi). Research shows that these approaches can help people to:
FALL ASLEEP MORE QUICKLY
STAY ASLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT
HAVE MORE DAYTIME ENERGY
HAVE BETTER CONCENTRATION AND MEMORY
HAVE LESS STRESS AND ANXIETY
FEEL HAPPIER AND MORE AT PEACE
The course consists of six modules, delivered one a week, for six weeks. In each module you'll watch a series of short, easy-to-follow, video lessons teaching you all the skills you need to sleep better.
You'll learn about mindfulness meditation, with clear and straight forward guidance on how to meditate and quieten the busy mind, a key ingredient to sounder sleep.
You'll also learn the five core components of CBT for insomnia, developed by experts in the field of sleep psychology.
Between each module, you'll have a week to complete your sleep diaries and practice your new skills, which will include daily mindfulness practice.
You'll have all the resources you need to help you sleep well for years to come. In addition to the audio recordings of each meditation, you can download a detailed workbook filled with all the sleep tips and strategies you'll learn throughout the course.
EXAMPLE OF FIRST VIDEO LESSON
Course outline week by week
Is this course for me?
Yes, this course is for you if:
- You have had poor sleep for more than three nights a week for over three months.
- You're looking for a long-term, drug free, solution to your insomnia.
- Your GP has ruled out any underlying medical causes to your insomnia.
- You are looking for a structured, science driven program, to help you learn about sleep, so you can take an active approach in improving your health.
No, this course is not suitable for you if:
- You are looking for a quick fix to cure insomnia.
- You have an acute mental health or physical health problem that needs individual clinical assessment and treatment.
- You are pregnant, or a new parent of an infant child. As hormonal changes and the child's needs can affect sleep, some of the recommendations in this course are not suitable.
- You are under 16 years old.
A Mindful Way to Healthy Sleep: An online course to overcome insomnia.
MEET THE CONTRIBUTORS
Dr. Giselle Withers. DPsych. M.A.P.S.
Giselle is a clinical psychologist and mindfulness teacher with over 20 years experience treating people with mental health and chronic health problems, across private and public health services in Australia and the UK. Giselle has practiced yoga and meditation for over 25 years, and has undertaken training over the past five years to teach meditation and yoga to people facing a range of health problems.
Giselle is the author and presenter of the course A Mindful Way to Healthy Sleep.
Ivan Milton. B.B.Sc, M.Psych. M.A.P.S.
Ivan is a clinical psychologist with wide ranging experience in psychiatry, tertiary education and private practice. He has worked in both inpatient and community settings, and has extensive experience in teaching, supervision and consultation.
Ivan provided consultation and review of the mindfulness teaching material in the course A Mindful Way to Healthy Sleep.
Dr. Moira Junge. DPsych. M.A.P.S.
Moira is a health psychologist with over 20 years experience in the health care sector and has worked in the sleep disorders field since 1994. She is a board member of the Sleep Health Foundation and is passionate about promoting the importance of good sleep health.
Moira provided consultation and review of the sleep related material in the course A Mindful Way to Healthy Sleep.
Still have a question?
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions or send us a message.